In addition to being passionate about Emergency Preparedness and being a Baseball Mom, I’m a piano teacher. This is my NUMBER ONE RESOURCE for reviewing piano notes (especially in the summertime, when students are out traveling and lessons are not as consistent as the rest of the year), so my students don’t forget how to read music!
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you**
I am a piano teacher. I have taught all 4 of my kids how to play the piano and I currently have over 30 piano students. The number one frustration for students (as well as me as the teacher) is learning to read music. It’s HARD. It’s a foreign language, for crying out loud! These kids are amazing for sticking with it and learning something so tough.
The Problem: Forgetting How to Read Music
But what’s even worse, is when they take a couple weeks off piano lessons during the summer, some of them come back and can’t remember anything other than Middle C.
All that work, all that time, all that struggle…wasted.
The Solution: A 90-Day Note-Reading Workbook!
No more wasted time!
I have found SUCH an incredible resource. It is the perfect solution to this problem of kids forgetting how to read music.
This workbook, available on Amazon, is INCREDIBLE. (affiliate link)
A Few Reasons I Love THIS Workbook
- I don’t have to quiz my kids or sit down next to them or hold their hand while they do it.
- It is not a big time commitment – one page a day. That’s it!
- This is not just a random list of notes that your kids have to label. The creators are musical geniuses who put a lot of time into structuring the order of the notes and pages, and it is just brilliant!
- The format is familiar, easy, and repetitive, making it easy to understand and complete for all ages.
- It doesn’t matter what curriculum your kids have learned to read music/play the piano with. The language of music is universal. So this would work for ANYONE who has learned the basic notes.
- It is less than $10!
- It’s available on Amazon Prime, meaning if you order it today, your kids could literally start their 90 days a couple days from now.
Get Started NOW
Seriously – it’s $8.95. I dare to say this is the best $8.95 you will ever spend, if you want those months and months of piano lessons to actually be worth anything at the end of the day.
I would highly recommend purchasing one book per kid, so each of them have their own.
Here is the link to purchase the first book (affiliate link) .
This one covers all the notes in Middle C position (so from left hand finger 5 on F, to right hand finger 5 on G)
Here is the link to purchase the second book (affiliate link).
The second book covers all the notes for your left hand in C position and your right hand in treble C position.