The perfect starting point for families!
97 pages of full-color, easy-to-read, easy-to-follow steps to getting your home and family more prepared.
11 additional supporting printables included
Detailed printables/checklists to help teach kids what they need to know
Week 1: Just for the Parent(s)
This week is essential for the success of the rest of the month. These are the days where you set things up, ensuring you have the tools and knowledge you’ll need to have things go smoothly the rest of the month.
You will be
- Familiarizing yourself with the location of your utility shut offs
- Purchasing a few low-cost essential items (if you don’t have them already)
- Printing a few documents you’ll need in the following weeks.
Weeks 2 & 3: For Parent(s) and Tweens/Teens
This week you will start putting what you learned/acquired last week into action. You will be learning (and teaching your teens)
- How to operate your garage door manually
- How to shut off your electricity
- How to shut off your gas
- How to shut off your water
- How to make a Family Emergency Plan
- How to perform CPR
You will also
- Find a place for fire escape ladders (if you have them)
- Mount and/or perform maintenance on fire extinguisher(s)
- Test smoke alarms
- Discuss consumables you may want to start keeping a bit extra of in your home
- Prepare a grab list for possible evacuation
Week 4: This week is the culminating event of the entire month. It’s for the whole family.
By now you will have the tools and knowledge to teach your children of all ages about the following topics:
- Power outages
- Fire safety
- YOUR specific Family Emergency Plan
- Evacuation Grab List
Once you complete Week 4, your ENTIRE FAMILY will have a better understanding of multiple emergencies and what they can do to stay safe.
You will have real tools, printed instructions, and a firm plan going forward as a family!
For more information, click HERE.