Answers to some of your most asked questions about long-term...Read More
What you need to know about long-term
food storage - Part 3
What is the Monthly Delivery Service & how do I set it up?
Thrive Life’s monthly delivery system allows you to build your food storage one month at a time and you don’t even have to think about it. This is also the cheapest way to purchase their food, because you get 15% off of the retail price when you purchase it through the monthly delivery service.
It’s kind of like a food storage club with only positives, no negatives. Seriously.
how much does it cost?
Here’s the beautiful part – it’s free to sign up for Thrive’s monthly delivery service.
No monthly fee.
No monthly minimum.
No requirements whatsoever.
In fact, it actually saves you money, but without spending any money.
7 reasons to choose monthly delivery service
Perk #1 - 15% off retail
You get an automatic 15% off every order you place.
Perk #2 - Free Shipping
Free shipping on all items in Canada and the contiguous US in the Monthly Delivery Service when your delivery is $100 or more (excluding Pantry Organizers).
**Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico receive 5% shipping
Perk #3 - MONTHLY SPECIALS
Every month, there are 6-10 items that are on sale at an even deeper discount than the automatic 15%.
Such a great way to build your food storage.
There is almost always something on the monthly specials list that I highly recommend, so you might as well start there and get additional savings!
Perk #4 - SALES
On top of Monthly Specials, Thrive does a couple “sales” each year.
Cash in on these when possible, especially on the deeply discounted item(s).
Perk #5 - Buy a case, save even more
Remember how I mentioned in Long-Term Food Storage Basics: Part 2 that a case of Family Cans has 6 cans in it, and a case of Pantry Cans has 10 cans in it?
By purchasing a case of something, you get an ADDITIONAL 5% off. Yes, that is on top of the 15% off for being a delivery order, and on top of the sale price if it’s on sale!
Another perk of purchasing food by the case, is it’s easy to keep track of. Instead of having a bunch of single cans scattered throughout your house, you now have a box with 6 cans of the same thing. After a while of being on the Monthly Delivery Service, this is a really nice way to keep things organized.
Perk #6 - Full Control
YOU choose your ship date.
YOU choose if you want to skip a month, skip 10 months or set your next delivery for March 2027.
YOU cancel any time – online – no hassle.
YOU choose what goes in your delivery.
Do you see a theme here?
Perk #7 - Reminders
You will get an email 5 days before your order processes. That gives you plenty of time to:
- adjust what’s in your cart to reflect the monthly specials
- skip the month
- change the ship date
- choose ‘SHIP NOW’ if you’re worried the items may go out of stock (which does happen sometimes – not to scare you, just keeping it real)
Can you tell me more about the monthly specials?
You know I’d love to!
Each month, 7 items are on a ‘Monthly Special.’
These items will be advertised as 20% off, 25% off or even 30% off. These numbers include the automatic 15% off that you get for being a Monthly Delivery Customer.
In addition to Monthly Specials, Thrive usually has a few sales throughout the year. The 2 consistent sales are the Spring Sale (in April) and the Black Friday Sale. These usually only last a few days, rather than the whole month, like the Monthly Delivery Service.
WHAT SHOULD I KEEP IN MIND WHILE ORDERING?
- Make sure you pay attention to the size of can – pantry or #10.
- Thrive Life (affiliate link) still does sell some dehydrated items, so make sure you know if it’s freeze dried or dehydrated. For instance, they don’t offer freeze dried carrots – only dehydrated. So they are pretty hard and I feel like they are chopped super teeny. So while I have some in food storage, I don’t choose to use these on a weekly basis.
- While MOST of the food has a shelf life of 25 years, some has a shorter shelf life, so be sure to check, just so you know.
ready to sign up for monthly delivery service?
If you are a NEW customer:
- Go to PlanForAwesome.com/Thrive
- Start adding items to your cart
- Create an account
- Sign up for Monthly Delivery Service
- Make sure it’s processing under your monthly delivery and Ship Now
- After ordering, adjust your next delivery to reflect the date you want your next shipment to process on. (remember: you will get an email 5 days before it processes, so I recommend selecting the 9th or 10th of the month. That way you’ll get a reminder email on the 4th or 5th and that will trigger you to look up my Instagram post with my favorites from the specials list that month)
- Feel free to add as many deliveries as you want and add things to your deliveries so you can forget about it for awhile, if you don’t care about specials.
If you are an EXISTING customer:
- Add things you want from the specials to your cart
- Log in and make sure you add it to your MONTHLY DELIVERY (the default is retail, and those are higher prices)
- Click SHIP NOW, to ensure you get the deal
- Adjust your next delivery to reflect the date you want your next shipment to process on (remember: you will get an email 5 days before it processes, so I recommend selecting the 9th or 10th of the month…that way you’ll get a reminder email on the 4th or 5th of the month, and that will trigger you to look up my Instagram post with my favorites from the specials list that month)
- Feel free to add as many deliveries as you want and add things to your deliveries so you can forget about it for a while, if you don’t care about specials
Check out this video from Thrive Life to see how the monthly delivery service works:
If you’re still feeling a little overwhelmed, here’s my biggest suggestion:
There will never be a perfect time. Don’t wait until you have it all planned out to the last detail. That is a recipe for procrastination. And if these past few years have taught us anything, it’s that life can change drastically very quickly.
You will feel so much better once you start seeing food stocking your shelves.
- If you have a chunk of money (like a tax return or a work bonus), make a big purchase. Get a good start.
- Start with the more expensive foods if you have more money – meat is usually the most expensive
- If you are going with Thrive Life, you save money if you buy things in 6-packs
- If you don’t have a chunk of money to start with, start THIS MONTH with the Monthly Delivery Service. If you don’t start now, you never will. And you will be amazed at how fast your food storage grows.
This monthly delivery service really is the most cost-effective and easy way to build your long-term food storage. With just a tad bit of effort and the money built into your budget, you can have this part of your emergency preparedness under control.
Still have questions?
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org